Friday, March 27, 2020

3/27/20 Update


Dear Families,
By now I am sure you have heard that yesterday Governor Scott ordered all in school classes canceled for the remainder of the year.  It goes without saying that I am feeling heartbroken and crushed that we will not be coming back together again in our classroom.  When we said our goodbyes last Tuesday (and the Friday before for some of us), we said..."see you soon"!  Now the reality is that we are not going to see each other anytime soon (at least not in person).

These are unprecedented times, but we will get through this together. We need to remain positive and strong for each other and the children.  They will be missing their friends, their teacher, their school, and their routines.

Moving forward, I will be exploring ways that we can still "be together" using google meet.  This will look like everyone coming together using a video conference platform for scheduled "morning meetings", small group instruction, and 1-1 chats.  Daily phone calls will continue until we have other routines in place.

I know many children have already expressed to me that they miss their friends, and parents have voiced concerns that their child hasn't seen another child in the past two weeks.  We are going to need to find ways to support each other through this process. Parent's, I encourage you to communicate with each other and arrange times for your children to have phone or video chats with their friends while we are self isolating.

If you need resources for yourself, you can call 2-1-1. 

When we are finally able to go about our daily lives, I hope that we will be able to come together for a celebration and closure.  Until then, know that I am here for you and your child.  Please reach out to me if you need anything.

Wishing you peace and wellbeing,
Diane Nicholls






No comments:

Post a Comment