Dear Kindergarten Families,
We have completed another week of remote learning! Please take a moment to reflect and recognize yourself for the work that you put in this week to support your child(ren). We have seven weeks remaining, and I am confident we will get through this together. As the state begins to slowly reopen the workforce, some of you who have been working from home (or out of work for the time) may find yourself needing to return to work. With your children at home and childcares closed this may be an added stress. Please reach out to me if I can help in any way. Also remember, you can call 211 to be connected to resources to help you through this time.
We seem to be settling into a rhythm, and students are learning what the expectations are. Thank you for continuing to support your child in getting their assignment completed. At this point I want to remind you that your student should be accessing Dreambox(math) and Lexia Core 5 (literacy) at least 40 - 60 minutes per week. This is in addition to completing one literacy and one math Lesson / assignment per day (Friday will be an ECO lesson and can be used to finish any missed assignments) on Seesaw. If there are additional lessons, those can be completed also. I will be using Data collected from Dreambox, and Lexia Core 5, as evidence to measure proficiency for the end of the year. If students are not going onto Lexia or Dreambox for the recommended time, it may be hard for me to have enough evidence to grade them at the end of the year.
If you are having trouble accessing any of the online programs (especially Dreambox, Lexia, or Seesaw) please let me know so I can connect you with the Tech services. Additionally, if you are having trouble with internet or wifi service, please reach out.
Finally, I wanted to let you know that Mrs. Forrest will be connecting with your students via Google Meet at their assigned time on Monday while I am out of town helping with my parents. Please refer to the schedule you received last week for the google meet times. Literacy groups will shift this week to week 2.
Be sure to check out Mr. Sam's Blog Post feature the pets of the teachers of MES!
I also want to take this opportunity to let you know that next year I will not be returning to MES. I won't be going far, though. I've happily accepted a position as the new teacher at the Elmore School! Mrs. Anderson, the long time Elmore teacher, will be retiring at the end of the school year, and I will be taking her place. I will be sad to leave MES, but I am excited for the new adventure that awaits. This also means I will be the teacher to several of my former students including two from our class this year!
Again, Thank you for your continued support and all that you are doing to help your kindergartener continue learning! You are all amazing!
With Gratitude,
Diane Nicholls
![]() |
| My doggies...Maizy, Ellie, and Buddy showing their School Spirit! |

No comments:
Post a Comment