My Dearest Kindergarten Families,
It has been an honor and pleasure to work with your child this year. Looking back over the year we had so many memorable times together. I had the privilege of watching each and every child blossom from a timid 5 year olds into brave 6 (or soon to be 6 year olds). It is hard to quantify all the learning that happened, but it is leaps and bounds from where be began. Back in August, none of us could have ever imagined our year together would have ended the way it did, faced with remote learning as we all work to prevent an outbreak of Covid -19 in our community.
I have so much respect for each and everyone of you. My job could not have continued had it not been for your support. It truly was a team effort and I've learned so much through this process, not only about myself, but of each child and each family. I'm am humbled to be invited into your lives and homes. You all mean so much to me. My final year at MES will never be forgotten and you all remain in my hearts forever. I know our paths cross again. Elmore is just a "hop skip and a jump" away and I'm sure I will see you around. For those children who will be joining me at Elmore School next year, I look forward to continuing to work with you!
I'll be sending a separate email with suggestions for engaging (mostly play-based) summer learning activities for those of you who are looking for suggestions.
I've put together a slideshow of our year together (in no particular order). It a little under 12 minutes long, so grab a cup of coffee and sit back and enjoy. It may take a moment to open up, but when it does be sure to click on the bottom right hand corner to watch it on full screen. The kids already say this yesterday during our morning meeting, but I hope you will watch it together.
Don't forget the Car parade on Monday, June 8th at 11:00! Decorated your cars or make signs to help us celebrate! Plan to line up between 10:45 and 11:00 between PA and MES! See you there!
Please return all MES materials and pick up student belongings June 11th between 8-11 (If you have older children who attend MES, you can also return their things at this time to save you a trip)
- all books (classroom and library)
- green book boxes
- iPads and chargers
FYI...Summer Meals
Meals for all youth 18 and younger will continue throughout the summer. Until June 30, meal pick up will continue at Stowe Elementary and Morristown Elementary on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Beginning July 1, pick up will be available at Morristown Elementary on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Youth do not need to be present to pick up meals, and families are encouraged to coordinate neighborhood meal pick up.
Thanks again for everything.
Have a most wonderful Summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment